1) What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash Extensions accentuate the beauty of your own eyes. The process is a semi-permanent one and involves the professional adhering a synthetic or mink lash to each individual lash of your own. It is very relaxing and the results are amazing leaving you with beautiful, lush and natural extensions along your own lash line.
2) How will they feel and how will they look?
They will feel weightless and natural during the day and evening. Your lashes will look fuller, darker, more defined, longer and thicker. You will no longer need to wear mascara.
3) How long will they last?
When properly applied, they will last the full cycle of your natural lash cycle. The life cycle of a natural lash is the amount of time it takes for a natural lash to grow in and fall out. A person’s natural eyelash typically falls out every 60-90 days and is naturally replaced with a new eyelash. Each lash is at a different growth stage. Due to this cycle, ‘eyelash refills’ are recommended every 2-4 weeks so as to fill in the areas where new lashes are growing in.
4) How is the procedure done?
You will lie in a relaxed position, eye patches are placed underneath each eye on top of your lower lashes to protect them as each synthetic or mink lash is adhered to your individual lashes. The process takes approx. 2 hrs (incl consultation and if mascara has to be removed-lashes must be completely clean of any mascara before procedure), it also depends on the amount of lashes applied. Typically each treatment usually involves applying approx. 50+ lashes per eye.
5) Does it hurt?
No. You will rest comfortably with your eyes closed during the entire application. Most clients drift off to sleep and wake up with beautiful lashes.
6) Will eyelash extensions damage my own lashes?
No. The eyelash extension is attached to your natural lash about 1-2mm from the root of your lash. The glue does not touch the skin. Unless you pull out your lash with the extension attached you will create gaps across your lash line. Please see ‘Eyelash Extension Aftercare’.
7) What are the benefits of eyelash extensions?
Needless to say, your lash line will appear natural and glamorous. No more mascara or eye makeup remover will be necessary and very little aftercare required. The lashes will shed naturally along with your natural lash shedding cycle.
8) How much does it cost?
Please see ‘Services’ price list on my webpage. The initial procedure takes approx. 11/2 hrs. The ‘refills’ which are scheduled approx. 2-4 weeks after initial appointment can take up to 1hr. You may book 30mins refills or 1hr refills.
9) Will eyelash extensions keep me from engaging in my everyday activities?
It is very important to adhere to the ‘After-Care Instructions’ immediately following your eyelash extensions procedure. After the first 48 hrs you will be able to enjoy showering, swimming, exercising and any other daily activities you may engage in.
10) Is this the same type of procedure that Hollywood celebrities are raving about?
Yes. According to ABC News, Good Morning America, dated 21st January 2006 it reports that Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan have them and J Lo’s extensions are mink! The starts reported using eyelash extensions to make their eyes stand out.
Eyelash Extension After-Care Instructions
It is very important to follow these instructions thoroughly….
WITHIN THE FIRST 24 HOURS
– DO NOT get lashes wet in order for the glue to dry thoroughly
– AVOID hot steam from cooking, shower or sauna
– LEAVE THEM ALONE…be gentle with your lashes and they’ll last
– Do not rub your eyes
– Do not pull your lashes
– Avoid sleeping on your side as lashes will shift
– Do not wear mascara
– Do not use an eyelash curler
– Do not wash them
AFTER 24 HOURS
– AVOID OIL BASED CLEANSERS, MOISTURISERS OR EYE MAKEUP REMOVERS. These products with oil will dissolve into the glue which bonds the eyelash extension. Instead you may use water or an oil free makeup remover around the lash line with a cotton bud.
– DO NOT USE WATERPROOF MASCARA. The ingredients in this type of mascara will again dissolve the bonding agent and your lashes will fall off.
– IF YOU FEEL YOU WANT TO USE MASCARA, apply only a water-based mascara only on your lash tips, not at the base of your lashes. Application on the base of your lashes may break the lash and/or create a clump of mascara in your lash line. The Lash Boutique Dalkey has a recommended water-based mascara in stock if required.